Programming languages I have mostly used in recent years:
- C (not to be confused with C++) – because, Unix/Linux system programming.
- Ruby – it’s simply the best scripting language. It makes you happy.
- (Bourne) shell scripts – because you have to. (See C above)
Other languages I know, but not used very much recently:
- C++ (not to be confused with C)
- Common Lisp
Some languages I have dabbled with but don’t know very well:
Some languages I knew a long time ago:
- BASIC – on PDP-8 and ABC-80
- OPS5 – a rule based production system language
- *Lisp – or “StarLisp”, for SIMD Connection Machines
- Sendmail configuration (yes, it’s a programming language, sort of)
… and probably a few more I have forgotten.
There were also assemblers a long time ago: Z80, 68000, PDP-10.